The Wollongong Isotope Geochronology Laboratory (WIGL) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher.
WIGL is an isotope geochemistry research group at the University of Wollongong (Wollongong, NSW, Australia). The candidate will have access to world-class cleanroom facilities, automated chromatography (ESI prepFAST), a laser ablation system (NWR193), 2 quadrupole ICP-MS (Agilent 7500cs and Thermo iCAP-Q) and a multi-collector ICP-MS (Thermo Neptune Plus).
The candidate must have expertise in metal stable isotope geochemistry, and a strong track record in publishing.
The successful applicant will be required to spend 80% of the time processing and analysing samples for collaborative and commercial projects, and helping with lab management and maintenance. The remaining 20% will be available for their own research.
The University is committed to workforce diversity and removing barriers to participation. The University is seeking to increase the representation of women in the academic workforce across science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medical (STEMM) disciplines and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
You will be prompted to respond to the selection criteria as part of the online application process, based on the position description below. You will be able to save your application at any time and submit at a later date if required, you will only be able to do this before the closing date of the position.
For further information about this position, please contact Associate Professor Anthony Dosseto on email@example.com.
Note: Applications submitted via email will not be considered. All applications must be submitted online via the UOW job portal. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Number: 181619
About University of Wollongong
Internationally respected, we are focused on excellence with impact — spanning both pioneering research and graduates who are globally competitive.